Creamy Chicken Cacciatore
Prep Time: 12 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 32 Minutes
- 1 jar of Pirro’s Marinara Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 8-ounce mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Fresh Basil Chopped for garnish (if desired)
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnish (if desired)
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat to medium high.
- Cook the chicken about 3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees and brown on each side. Set aside the chicken on the plate.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until tender.
- Add heavy cream to the sautéed vegetables. Stir until all cream and vegetables have been incorporated together.
- Add 1 jar of Pirro’s Marinara. Let simmer until thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet until heated through. Serve over your choice of pasta or zucchini noodles, garnish with fresh chopped basil and parmesan cheese if desired.