- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze out residual water
- 1 lb. ricotta, full fat
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
- 18 - 22 dried cannelloni tubes
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- More basil, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Ricotta and Spinach Cannelloni
- Pour 1 jar of Pirro’s Marinara into a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once sauce begins to boil, reduce heat and set aside.
- Place spinach in a colander and press out most of the liquid (don't need to thoroughly squeeze dry).
- Place Spinach in bowl with remaining Filling ingredients. Mix, taste, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble and Bake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Choose a baking pan which will comfortably fit about 20 cannelloni - recommend 8.5 x 10.5.
- Spread a bit of Sauce on the base.
- Fill cannelloni tubes with the filling mixture using a spoon, knife, or hands. Optional, place Filling to a piping bag or Ziplock bag and squeeze into the tube.
- Place filled tubes in baking dish.
- Pour over remaining Sauce, covering all the tubes. Cover with foil, then bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, spread remaining cheese onto the cannelloni. Return to oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve, garnished with extra basil if desired.