Cajun Spice Mix Ingredients
- 3 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Scallops Puttanesca Ingredients
- 16-20 large scallops
- Cajun Spice Mix, see above
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 jar of Pirro's Puttanesca Sauce
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
How To Make Cajun Scallops
- Make the Cajun Spice mix by simply mixing all ingredients together on a large plate.
- Roll the scallops in the Cajun spice mix, evenly coating them.
- Heat in a skillet olive oil and pan sear the scallops for about 2 minutes per side.
- Cook pasta as directed and then drain.
- Pour the Puttanesca sauce into a pan and cook until hot. Toss with pasta and scallops. Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.