SKILLET CHICKEN & ZUCCHINI PARMESAN
Prep/cook time: 45 minutes
If you want to make a classic dish without all the huffing and puffing, you need to try our skillet chicken & zucchini parmesan! This dish is great for all cooking levels and takes only 45 minutes to prepare. A big plus: all nine ingredients in this dish are pretty standard and don't require an extensive search in the grocery store!
Here's what you'll need:
- 16 ounces of Pirro's marinara sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup parmesan, grated
- A dash oregano
- A dash of Salt & pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- Fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Optional: pasta (prepared al dente)
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Brown each side of chicken for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle breasts with parmesan. Add marinara sauce to skillet and cook on low for 30 minutes.
3. When 5 minutes remain, brown zucchini with remaining oil in a separate pan.
4. Arrange zucchini and mozzarella over chicken breasts and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Serve over pasta and top with parmesan.