Is one of your goals to make more balanced meals? Healthy meals do not have to be bland and boring. It's so easy to create simple yet wholesome dishes within minutes. Healthy should be both delicious and satisfying! Try one of these excellent substitutes for pasta:
1. Spaghetti Squash: Within minutes, spaghetti squash can be transformed from a dull vegetable to a pasta-like substance. Once cooked, just scrape out the spaghetti-like strands from this squash and top with your favorite sauce.
2. Zucchini: We love zucchini because it is so incredibly versatile. To turn zucchini into a pasta substitute, you can either make spirals or simply bake zucchini slices. Afterward, we recommend pouring our hearty Marinara Sauce on it. The flavor is dynamite!
3. Quinoa: Quinoa is packed with protein and perfect as a pasta substitute, as well as a meat substitute if you want to try a vegan or vegetarian diet. Pair it with a fresh Puttanesca for a light and fulfilling flavor. Pssst... Pirro's freshly crafted Puttanesca Sauce is dairy AND gluten free!
4. Brussels Sprouts: Want to add some extra flair to your brussels sprouts? Dress it up with fresh and delicious Bolognese Sauce.
5. Sweet Potatoes: Similar to the zucchini, sweet potatoes make a great pasta substitute when spiraled. If creating noodles from sweet potatoes seems taxing, just cube or slice the potato! Pair it with our Rustic Vodka Sauce and you are in for a delicious treat.